Shop More Submit  Join Login
×




Details

Submitted on
August 24, 2012
Image Size
232 KB
Resolution
105×60
Link
Thumb
Embed

Stats

Views
1,617 (1 today)
Favourites
164 (who?)
Comments
106
Downloads
14
×
PONIES JUST SUXXXXX by endler PONIES JUST SUXXXXX by endler
"When I ask you what it is about this show that you don't like I was hoping for something of better substance than 'IT JUST SUX'. "

Or "IT'S FOR CHILDREN SO IT SUX."
"IT'S GAY."
Or, all over "BAAAAW THE FANDOM RUINED IIITTT. :iconbawplz:

I don't know about anyone else but I have to actually give reasoning to why I don't like something. For instance, in my Adventure Time stamp I actually gave to why I don't like it: I found the material inside boring. Animation and artwork I could admire, and admittedly some creative imagery and ideas, but it simply felt like one episode was an hour long, lagging on and on. It was also far too slow paced and quiet for something that's supposed to be one of the modern randomness abound cartoons.

I have yet to see something from people who dislike MLP that's actually solid. An actual good reasoning other than 'IT'S FOR KIDS IT SUCKS HNNG'.

Like what is it? The characters? The settings? The voice acting?

Honestly, before I got into FIM I hated My Little Pony. Hated it to bits and couldn't get why the fuck people were liking this one...one day I managed to catch the last five minutes or so and even though there wasn't much for me to grab, the first thing I thought was:

"Huh...well the animation is actually really nice. It's fluid, almost like a little send off to old Cartoon Network styles."

And that was when I still didn't like it. Yet, it's so hard for people to even acknowledge anything good in it because...again 'IT'S A KID'S SHOW THE FANDUMB'S SUCK SO MCUH RAGAEJHGKFADFSD'. Those are the only critiques I have ever seen. I have only seen about...yeah, one person who ripped it apart in a proper, solid, critical fashion...and yet they still like the show. Or at least are a...more...small fan of it.

Everyone else just wants to use the usual argument of HOLY FUCK IT'S A CHILDREN'S SHOW THAT SHOULD BE ENOUGH. Hey. Kid's shows can be really good if they do have a decent team behind them, one that actually cares about the intelligence of the audience.

But I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise that more extreme of haters are blinded by their...hatred. They simply see something and either because of the fandom, it's popular, or they want to jump on the bandwagon, they go around screaming on the rooftops about what a pile of shit it is without actually giving it a critical looksey.

Unfortunate, but what can you really do other than make stamps. :U

Other stamps:
Add a Comment:
 
:iconarcafelidae:
ArcaFelidae Featured By Owner Aug 22, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
The show is a completely innocent childrens program...The fans are 15%psychotic teens 10%creeps 25%imature people who can't spell 10% Are unoriginal preteens who can't design but spam you anyway,and 40% are the leftovers who non bronies just can't handle no matter how righteous they are ,because the other 60% are mind numbingly ridiculous. Source -I've been on the internet and that is enough.
Reply
:icontoxicpineapples:
Toxicpineapples Featured By Owner Aug 12, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
As a redo of my old comment, what really happened was when I joined the fandom I decided to give the first episode a go, around the time when season 4 was spreading around. It wasn't what I was expecting at all, actually. I loved it!
Reply
:iconshinywhitewaters:
ShinyWhiteWaters Featured By Owner Jun 23, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
In a similar case, I have literally never seen anyone who has a good reason to hate Frozen other than just "WAAAH I HATE FROZEN IT'S OVERRATED!111"
Reply
:iconspotpeltthewarrior69:
SpotpeltTheWarrior69 Featured By Owner Jun 10, 2014  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Get this; My brother doesn't BELIEVE in bronies, even though he likes MLP!
Reply
:iconspotpeltthewarrior69:
SpotpeltTheWarrior69 Featured By Owner Jun 10, 2014  Hobbyist Traditional Artist
Just how ridiculous is that?
Reply
:icontherealfurrymess:
TheREALFurryMess Featured By Owner Aug 1, 2014  New member
Not that ridiculous.
Reply
:iconangelinadraws:
angelinadraws Featured By Owner Jul 6, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
very ridiculous
Reply
:iconph1n3a5and77:
Ph1n3a5and77 Featured By Owner May 8, 2014  Hobbyist Digital Artist
Also, kids these days are liking 18+ stuff :P So, it's even.
Reply
:iconmaymayokk:
maymayokk Featured By Owner Feb 19, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
some people just don't like it and that's ok as long as they're not rabid anti bronies.
Reply
:icontoxicpineapples:
Toxicpineapples Featured By Owner Feb 4, 2014  Hobbyist General Artist
I hated bronies for a period in my life, probably because I used "gay" as an insult a lot, so I sorta threw it around when talking about bronies. Then some shipping in the fandom sorta drew me in... xD 
Reply
Add a Comment: